This is a data connectivity or cellular data issue. Both will need to be addressed. You’ll also need to make sure that you have allowed the Angel Watch app on your device to always be able to access its location while being used.
When indoors, your watch may be connected to WiFi. But when you bring the watch outside and beyond the range of the WiFi, your SIM may be unable to communicate.
Please follow these steps carefully to address both app registration issues and cellular data connectivity. This process will solve both.
1. On your Angel Watch app, click 'Remote Reset' or open the Dial Pad of your Angel Watch enter the following code: *#174714#* Then press the green call button and press 'OK' to factory reset.
2. On the Angel Watch app, go to ME and press Sign Out/Exit.
Reconfirm your 'Area' is set to North America.
If the area is incorrect, log back in with the previous incorrect one, delete your account and re-register selecting North America. You may use your previous email address again.
3. Once logged into the app go to ME on the bottom right, 'Device List', tap 'Edit' and delete your device. Your app will now ask you to register a new device on the screen titled 'ADD A DEVICE'.
4. Confirm you can see 4G with at least two bars of service when you swipe down on the watch’s screen.
If you see a *sideways triangle*, your SIM is not activated properly or out of network coverage. Check your SIM in another phone to confirm it is activated correctly.
If you see an *exclamation mark*, your SIM is not inserted correctly. Remove your SIM card from the watch. Clean with a lint-free cloth and re-insert it and power your watch on or go to Settings-Reboot.
4. Check your watch's APN settings are correct (SETTINGS-MOBILE NETWORKS-APN).
- Angel Watch™ Mobile (AT&T): broadband
- Angel Watch™ Mobile (T-Mobile): fast.t-mobile.com
- Angel Watch™ Mobile (EE): everywhere
If you are using an alternative network, please check with your provider and select, edit or select/add the APN setting accordingly.
5. On the watch, go to the QR Code app (near Settings) and select RegCode.
If your registration code shows as 00000 just wait up to five minutes and it will change. If not, go to Settings-Reboot and check again and should change. If that still doesn’t work, remove and re-insert SIM and the code should appear within five minutes.
6. Re-Register your watch with the Angel Watch™ app. Open the app and tap the [-] button to open the scanner.
Scan the RegCode code to pair your watch. Add your child’s nickname (letters only, no apostrophes), set your relationship to them (e.g. I am Mom) and click 'Ok'.
7. Let’s confirm your data is working. Go to Settings-WiFi and make sure WiFi is switched off or disconnected.
Step outside for a GPS location test where the watch can have a clear view to GPS satellites. Tap the Map on the app then press the green pin to fetch its position. The device should show ‘Device Positioning..’.
The first time may take longer than usual to acquire position and for your local map to download. Feel free to keep refreshing throughout the day. Accuracy should improve over the first 24hrs as your local towers recognize your device.